Monday, 19 September 2011

MA Tutorial report 10


Date:     19th Sept 2011                  Tutor:  Caroline Wright
__________________________________________________________________________________

Reflection on outcomes since last tutorial

Discussed upcoming Breaking Boundaries task which has multiple events. Now that I have sent info and involved screening artists, I have enough help to come on the day.  There are unknown variables, such as the numbers of people and children that might attend – I guess between 100 and 200. I can’t prepare for everything, but know there are going to be things that occur to do with the audience. Currently, activity is all about tasks and preparing. The reflection is to be the essay task, which I will centre around the moving image venture – the most important and vital part of the event for me.
 _________________________________________________________________________________

Current projected aims and outcomes

Discussed the curatorial aspect of my upcoming screening with other artists – I have chosen the works and rejected a couple. Caroline asked if there was a conflict of interest in showing and choosing work – to be clear about that as some may challenge me on that in time. I feel very clear that the whole theViewergallery project and theProgressiveImage moving image screenings is all about creating a context and dialogue around my own work – for me there would be no point in exluding myself. I want to explore and define what moving image is, to create an arena for work which does this. I guess I am at the stage where I have tried fitting in to other’s visions when it comes to screenings, and now want to show my own ideas in my own way. Getting on doesn’t seem to be about just making work on my own, even if I do that, I am creating potential collaborations and context with other artists. Of course, it is opening up potentials, not all of which may be positive, but the current mixture of activities puts alot on the table and give me alot of material to work with.

Also mentioned that I felt I have not really contributed well to current Asynchronous seminar about audience engagement and marketing in the LMS, partly due to recent complete laptop meltdown and current business. It’s a difficult roundabout to jump onto once it’s going, as there is much info there, and imbalances of debate in such a vast subject. I feel it’s the first thing in the MA I haven’t really done much for, and that does not feel good.

19th September 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Thinker of thoughts, mother of adults Shadows Echoes Stories Dyslexia London Scotland Drawing Sewing Research Tutor Mentor Books Trees Clouds Quartz Magnets. I review and write about art and culture.

Followers