Thursday, 5 July 2012

Tutorial Report 18


Date: 5th July 2012                           Tutor: Caroline Wright

Reflection on outcomes since last tutorial

Talked with Caroline about all the rethinking, reassessing, restructuring going on, about dividing the Studio Practice project into eight blogs/aspects to update, and how that is a different way of working for me – to integrate things like research into work at a much earlier stage, rather than patch it together at the end. Research is both the driver of work and driven by work.
________________________________________________________________________________


Current projected aims and outcomes

Talked of how I realise that I am deadline driven, and how to take on board lessons of MA into future work. Now everything I have done before seems available, although separate pieces are milestones along the way, everything might now come in – create more of an oeuvre of my work, where everything informs everything else.

It’s been an emotional process to reassess past decisions made in previous circumstances, a bit of upheaval waiting for the right ideas to get on with.
________________________________________________________________________________


Discussion and recommendations

Caroline suggested doing some daily insignificant drawings, as a way of keeping the visual way of expressing things connected. Insignificant things have a way of building up into a significant body of work.

Reflection

This time spent evaluating and MindMapping, etc, has been valuable and essential, and it is a natural part of the creative process, but somehow talking to Caroline came at exactly the right time for me. It makes such sense to create a new discipline of drawing or sketching now, and see what it may turn into, and keep the visual connection and expression live. I am thinking a little of the format I’d like to start with, but am looking forward to getting involved with this – it seems to be exactly what I was saying I wanted – a novelwriting approach to art, letting it build up and evolve into something.

5th July 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Thinker of thoughts, mother of adults Shadows Echoes Stories Dyslexia London Scotland Drawing Sewing Research Tutor Mentor Books Trees Clouds Quartz Magnets. I review and write about art and culture.

Followers