Thursday, 25 October 2012

Group Seminar Short Artist Statements

15th October 2012


Two sentences and images about current project.
Eleanor October 2012 
I have been producing one drawing in an hour over 60 days, and started making these into an hour long moving image piece. I am searching and researching influences and references in art and elsewhere to define this work, currently looking at minimalism in music, where themes repeat with small variations.





..........


For different purposes, have various statements and sizes of statements ready.

Some about practice and some about current project.
Key sentences and phrases.

James – epic sound of sugar cubes falling.
Project cubes big – scale.
NB send James pics of frieze sugar cubes artist.

Jo – drawing from memory of photographs.

Clare

Alexa – magic realism

Amelia – mess, hoarding, clutter, ordered mess, recording.
Chaotic tube map.


Eleanor – minimalism in music – translate into art.
When asked which drawing I preferred, I realised that although my first is a more interesting and better drawing, it is the second which has more legs for me and is in a more unfamiliar area - where the drawing project pushed me to explore.


Essay.
Points in instructions not all to the same extent, but at least mentioned.
Contemporary – historical past - relevant – always towards current practice.
For criticisms read critique.
Choose how to send drawings – select which are representational
UCA Harvard referencing.
Compendium – open source mind mapping tool.
Thomas Schutte – Serpentine.



5th November 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Thinker of thoughts, mother of adults Shadows Echoes Stories Dyslexia London Scotland Drawing Sewing Research Tutor Mentor Books Trees Clouds Quartz Magnets. I review and write about art and culture.

Followers