Monday, 10 March 2014

Gavin Bryars

I have written about Gavin Bryars several times during the MA:

http://eleanormacfarlane.blogspot.co.uk/2013/02/pecha-kucha-jesus-blood-never-failed-me.html

I know I directly drew from Jesus' Blood Never Failed Me Yet while making In sunshine and in shadow. If Gavin Bryars' captured the poignancy of his old man tramp, perhaps I captured that of  my old lady mother.

http://www.gavinbryars.com/splash

He's a true creative whose ideas are expressed in different media.

Classical Muddley is truly hilarious and yet poignant. I listened to it with two of my sister who are also classical orchestral musicians - my background. It's brilliant and captures the strain of amateur players. A serious idea and yet the opposite of straight-faced.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FgKDKyl-EKE

14th November 2014

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Thinker of thoughts, mother of adults Shadows Echoes Stories Dyslexia London Scotland Drawing Sewing Research Tutor Mentor Books Trees Clouds Quartz Magnets. I review and write about art and culture.

Followers