Friday, 17 February 2012

Exploratory Project Draft Plan Again

And again. This time more clear and with bullet points.
  1. What do you want to explore? Be specific.
 - make work and moving image developing ideas from previous MA projects – embroidered material and museum context.
- I want to make a piece of work about these things, but which could also work in a different gallery context, ie, not too site specific.
- I am beginning to think through images I could use on material I embroider myself with computerised sewing machine (may have to wait for equipment).
  1. What is your personal challenge?
 - to finish a piece of work within the time, as the ideas could push on infinitely.
- to upkeep context and research while making.
  1. What methods will you use? What rules will you set yourself?
- I will thoroughly review previous projects to develop those ideas further.
- I will make and document processes.
 - I will integrate into my making process research on other relevant artists.
- I will keep in mind –
what am I actually doing /what am I looking at / what is it telling me
  1. Plan an outline programme over 15 weeks; build in time for reflection and evaluation.
- after further conversation with Angela I will relax the idea of showing the work within the project time, and allow additional time for making and researching. I will, however, start to investigate future plans for making showing and work within a museum.
- I will start by riveting material I have to fit onto tin cans. I will then allow them to rust and metal stain. I will collect more cans and material to develop making.
 - Perhaps I will allow the project to meander – it’s been a long time since I’ve been able to follow ideas without an agenda or deadline. The initial plan is to immerse myself in the ideas, material, footage, plans.
- I will visit museums – the V&A, the Wallace collection, and others, in order to develop ideas.
weeks 1-6
exploratory making, collation of materials, museum visits, review previous footage and relevant MA projects.
weeks 7-12
making decisions, writing about project, title, making and finishing off work, editing moving image.
weeks 13 – 15
documentation, presentation and writing reflection. Processing moving image.
  1. What challenges do you anticipate?
- I think the ideas may continually lead me further, and so a challenge is to limit the project and finish off.
- I feel there are deep feelings for me here – the challenge is to access and articulate these.
  1. What will you do when you get stuck?
- I will keep going. Whether it is by trying something new, writing notes, giving it a little time, thinking through, or switching media, I am quite used to finding ways around getting stuck.
- Creativity always finds new and creative ways in order to get stuck, and so I anticipate visiting new areas and finding new and interesting apparent dead ends.

17th February 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
Thinker of thoughts, mother of adults Shadows Echoes Stories Dyslexia London Scotland Drawing Sewing Research Tutor Mentor Books Trees Clouds Quartz Magnets. I review and write about art and culture.

Followers