Outline research theme
I am continuing from bricks and street compositions “found”
imagery:
1. Found paintings I am contextualising as abstract
paintings
2. Old, unidentifiable photographs, lost people, anonymous.
Looking at Christian Boltanski’s use of photographs,
suggestions of faces.
Sound:
I am currently completing 24 Hour Sibelius as a separate
sound piece and am continuing layering and slowing classical music into more
abstract sound.
Form:
I am investigating implied narrative in moving image, eg Matthias
Muller, Christian Marclay. I am planning to incorporate this and form a cyclic structure
in work.
Reading list:
I am investigating aspects of creativity, and the position
of artists making work themselves or not, and how making informs art.
The Art of Not Making by Michael Petry.
Making Contemporary Art by Linda Weintraub
100 Artists’ Manifestos From the Futurists to the Stuckists
selected by Alex Danchev
Sketches and question
Found. sketch 1
Still. Sketch 1. Found – painting/person
Photo - face
Found painting
Looking at “found imagery”, eg , the Found Paintings are photographs of patches of peeling paint, on wall and doors, etc, I come across.
The question of authorship – whose painting/imagery – who is the artist?
Authenticity – I am enjoying calling these paintings, although they are photographs.
The deliberate accident – so vital to making art, but by recognising these paint areas and appropriating them, can I offer them to be read as abstract paintings.
24th October 2013



No comments:
Post a Comment